Tuesday

3 June: Spokane

I just posted three updates in addition to this one. I've been writing them day by day, but I have to post them all at once when I have internet access. For those of you who know me well enough to be surprised at the simple typos and misspellings in my posts, please have a good chuckle at my expense; I am typing the bulk of these blogs on a thumb keyboard and it's very time-consuming, so I have to admit that I don't reread or proofread anything, and in fact I often don't even look at what appears on the screen as I'm typing. Not wanting to spend too much of my time on the computer, I just don't care to correct my errors. It's very unlike me to have such an attitude, and I know if I ever go back and read these I''ll be embarrassed.

I'm in Spokane on a scheduled rest right now, and will be here for a couple days. There probably won't be any more big updates until Friday night or Saturday when I'm in Coeur d'Alene.

Thanks a lot to those of you leaving comments, I always look forward to reading them.

Derek

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek! Sounds like you are having a great trip. We can't wait to see you in june! Isaac keeps talking about his uncle derek who is walking from seattle!

Anonymous said...

Hey Derek,

Good to read the posts. Sounds like beautiful country. Enjoy the stopover in Spokane.

Mike in Seattle

Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons,
It is to grow in the open air, and to eat and sleep with the earth.
W.W.

Anonymous said...

I was a bit excited today when i got home after having read all your other posts the other day. I thought, for sure, you'd have posted today.
subnote,
I got a job at Aster Cafe in Ballard owned by Beth the old manager from Verite. She was talking to a customer about this guy that she knew that was walking across the country. I was like, "Hey, that's my friend Derek!"
Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I tried to send you a message through Couchsurfing because it was too much trouble to log into email the other day. Interesting to read about your trip. Mine is wrapping up. We're in Vilnius now, flying to Frankfurt via Warsaw at an ungodly hour tomorrow morning and then flying back home on Monday. Yeah, and then working on Tuesday, but it will probably take me at least 8 hours just to read my work emails. I'll fill you in more when I get back.